(PRIVACY NOTICE FOR JOB APPLICANTS ATTACHED BELOW)
We currently have vacancies for a Lunchtime Supervisor and a Learning Support Assistant. See full details listed here and job descriptions, person specifications and application forms attached below.
Actual salary: £4,933.39 NJC03
Part time, 10 hours per week, Term time only
Start date: ASAP
Orleans Primary School are seeking a friendly, energetic and enthusiastic individual who enjoys working with children to join our team of lunchtime supervisors. The role involves supervising children in the school dining hall and playground, and initiating games and activities with them. The ideal candidate will be an active, energetic and enthusiastic individual who can build a good rapport with children from all year groups across the school.
The hours of work are 10 per week, 11.30am – 1:30pm Monday to Friday, term time only, with the possibility of some overtime.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Orleans is also committed to equal opportunities and as such adheres to the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
To submit an application please address the person specification and complete the application form and email it to email@example.com, or you can submit the application form through eTeach. We do not accept CVs.
Please note that we may close this advert early should be receive an overwhelming response.
Closing date for applications: Monday 1st November at 12pm
Interviews: Wednesday 3rd November
Start date: ASAP
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, visitors and volunteers to share in this commitment. References will be carried out prior to interview and an enhanced DBS check is required for the successful candidate.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Learning Support Assistant supporting two children 1:1
- 22.5 hours per week across 5 days, 38 weeks per year, term time (actual hours 8.30am to 1.30pm) with the potential to increase to 25 hours per week (8.30am to 2pm)
- NJC Scale 4 actual salary £11,922.99 to £12,577.86 according to experience (FTE £22,995 to £24,258)
- Starting – as soon as possible
- This role is a Specific Purpose contract whilst the children are pupils at the school, renewable each academic year depending on the EHCP changing needs
This is a rare opportunity to join our committed and supportive outstanding school community. We are seeking someone who has experience of working 1:1 with pupils with additional needs who have specific targets in their EHCP. The role will be working with more than one child eg one child in the morning and another in the afternoon. Please note that this role includes some intimate care.
Suitable candidates for the position will have:
- Experience of working 1:1 with pupils with additional needs who have specific targets in their EHCP
- Strong English and Maths skills (minimum requirement of GCSE grade C or equivalent)
- The ability to effectively use ICT equipment and software packages
- The ability to multi task
- Worked with children with SEN in an educational setting
- The ability to engage and motivate the child, building good relationships with the child, parents and class teacher
- Knowledge of strategies which can be used in the classroom to engage pupils in their learning
- The ability to work with a range of various outside agencies and healthcare professionals and implement their recommendations including Physiotherapists and SALT
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of working to Individual Education Plans and Education Healthcare Plan outcomes
- Knowledge of the SEN Code of Practice
- A reflective, caring and committed attitude
- A commitment to ensuring that children make excellent progress
Orleans Primary School is an exciting and vibrant place to work. We will be offering you a supportive and friendly staff body, the opportunity for excellent CPD, and the opportunity to take part in our regular staff social events including sharing lunches and after school staff socials. Several of our Learning Support Assistants have gained valuable classroom experience within the role and then subsequently trained to teach, and we welcome applications from people who aspire to be teachers.
To apply for the role please refer to the person specification, ensuring that you address all of the essential criteria, complete the application form in full and submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are unable to accept CVs.
Closing date for applications: 12pm Monday 1st November 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 3rd November 2021
Orleans Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. We are also committed to ensuring equal opportunities.
We reserve the right the close this vacancy early should be receive an overwhelming response.