Governors at Orleans Primary are appointed for a 3 year term.
Each category of governor is appointed in a different way:
- Parent Governors: Parents will receive a letter when a vacancy arises inviting nominations. Where there are more parents wishing to serve as governors than vacancies, an election is held. If there are fewer parents than vacancies, parents can be elected unopposed.
- Headteacher: the Headteacher is a member of the Governing Body by virtue of her position.
- Staff Governors: The staff governor is elected by the school staff – any election which is contested must be held by ballot.
- Authority Governors are nominated by the Local Authority and appointed by the Governing Body. Appointments are made on the basis of the individual’s interests and experience at work, home or elsewhere which may be relevant to being a governor.
- Co-opted Governors are appointed by the Governing Body. Appointments are made taking into account the skills required to contribute to the effective governance and success of the school.
If you would like to register your interest in becoming a governor at any local school please use the link below to find the application form to be returned to Governor Support at Richmond Upon Thames (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are committed to equal opportunities, and have adopted a Governors’ Allowances policy to help with the additional costs and needs of governors with disabilities, or with child care or elderly care commitments.