JUNIOR LEADERSHIP TEAM
Junior Leadership Team
At Orleans, we have a School Council in years 1 to 4. When children move into Upper Key Stage Two they can apply to be members of our Junior Leadership Team. We have had a Junior Leadership Team at our school since 2014 and over the last six years our JLT have worked on many aspects of our school.
Examples of this include;
- School Lunch Surveys with pupils to find out what they liked about our school lunch provision, including menu choices. Our school meal provision is provided by ISS and our Junior Leadership Team have had opportunities to meet with the ISS Area Manager and both interview them and provide them with the feedback from the survey. ISS have taken this on board and where possible have included the suggestions from the pupils.
- Zoning the playground: we are continuously looking for ways to enhance our playground provision. Over the last few years the JLT have been involved in improving the amount of play equipment which children can access at lunchtimes. This included a Hoola Hoop competition which was held for all year groups. The start of the 2020 school year has provided us with a challenge in terms of how to make playtimes and lunchtime’s fun but I am sure the Junior Leadership Team will come up with some fantastic ideas!
The Junior Leadership Team meet fortnightly with the Headteacher to formulate an action plan to guide them through the year.
Later this term we will be voting in our new Junior Leadership Team and we will be publishing our action plan on this page.
How do children join the Junior Leadership Team?
- They need to be in Year 5 or Year 6.
- Complete the Junior Leadership Team Application Form or write a letter stating why they want to be part of the team.
- Give a short speech (from 1 to 2 minutes long) to the Year 5 and 6 pupils and ask pupils to vote for them.
The children are then elected by Year 5 and 6.
All the children who apply to be on the Junior Leadership Team receive a thank you letter from the Headteacher.