JUNIOR LEADERSHIP TEAM
Junior Leadership Team
At Orleans, we have a School Council in years 1 to 4. When children move into Upper Key Stage Two they can apply to be members of our Junior Leadership Team. We have had a Junior Leadership Team at our school since 2014 and over the last six years our JLT have worked on many aspects of our school.
Examples of this include;
- School Lunch Surveys with pupils to find out what they liked about our school lunch provision, including menu choices.
- Zoning the playground: we are continuously looking for ways to enhance our playground provision. Over the last few years the JLT have been involved in improving the amount of play equipment which children can access at lunchtimes.
The Junior Leadership Team meet fortnightly with the Headteacher to formulate an action plan to guide them through the year.
How do children join the Junior Leadership Team?
- They need to be in Year 5 or Year 6.
- Complete the Junior Leadership Team Application Form or write a letter stating why they want to be part of the team.
- Give a short speech (from 1 to 2 minutes long) to the Year 5 and 6 pupils and ask pupils to vote for them.
The children are then elected by Year 5 and 6.
All the children who apply to be on the Junior Leadership Team receive a thank you letter from the Headteacher.