At Orleans we have worked hard to build up a wide variety of clubs for our pupils. These clubs either take place before school, at lunchtime or after school dependent upon the particular club and the space available at our school. The vast majority of our clubs are run by external providers, many of whom have worked with us over a period of several years. The clubs are popular and well attended, we know that our pupils enjoy attending them.
Our aim for the clubs which run at Orleans is to give our pupils opportunities to try new activities which may spark a life long love of a particular skill which they may which to continue to pursue outside of school. In addition to this joining a club is a superb way of pupils making new friends within either their class or another year group.
Joining a club
The process for joining a club which is run by an external provider is to contact the external club provider directly using their contact details on the clubs list. They will liaise with you directly about available places and how to book. The process for joining clubs which are run internally by the school is to wait until the ‘clubs booking date’ which is towards the end of each school term ready for the next term, the date of which will be communicated by the school in advance, and fill out the Google Form that will be sent out at 7pm. Please note that our internal clubs are extremely popular and we recommend filling the form out at 7pm on the clubs booking day if there is a particular club your child wishes to attend.
As of the Autumn Term 2021 the external providers are:
Crouching Tiger Karate
Richmond Juniors Chess
Nina Bardowell (Netball)
Richmond Knights Basketball
Shamsa Haji Yoga
Richmond Gymnastics Association
Music Makers (Richmond Music Trust)
Richmond Rugby Club
The contact details for each club are always sent out in the clubs list which is sent out prior to the start of a new term. Unfortunately, the school office does not organise club bookings or lists, so please ensure you contact the club provider directly.
Please find the clubs list for Autumn Term 2021 attached below.
Please note that we do not run any clubs on the first or last week of each term, and all clubs will begin on the w/c 13th September. All clubs will end on Friday 10th December.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We hope that your children are enjoying the plethora of exciting extra-curricular clubs that are on offer at Orleans Primary School. We felt that it would be helpful to add some Frequently Asked Questions to help parents/carers and to reduce the number of the same queries regarding clubs coming into the school office.
1. Clubs do not run on the first or last week of term – all clubs will end of Friday 10th December 2021.
2. Please review the clubs list - attached at the bottom of this page - for the latest information regarding clubs. Contact details of all club providers are on the clubs list, please contact the club provider directly. If you are enquiring about an internal club please contact the school office.
3. Home Learning Club is by invitation only – you will have received a letter if your child has been invited to it.
4. Club providers manage their own registers, which are then shared with the school. Parents don’t need to advise the school about clubs that their child is attending as we will already be aware via the registers.
5. If your child is attending Energy Kidz after a club, please inform Energy Kidz directly of this.
6. Before school clubs drop off is at the main blue gates to the club provider who will be waiting there. Please don’t be late as the clubs start promptly.
7. After school clubs pick up is via the pupil gate on Hartington Road. Children will be brought to that gate, parents do not pick up from the playground. Please arrive promptly to collect your child.
8. We cannot offer refunds for internal clubs if you change your mind. Once you have paid for the club this is non refundable. Children will not be permitted to start attending a club unless payment has been received.
9. If your child is attending the first session of RGA Gymnastics they will be kept in the classroom to change until the club begins at 3.30pm.